The long slot toaster is a must for bread lovers. With this kitchen utensil, you get a crisp bread, toasted and golden!
If you are a toast fan, which most of us are, having a quality toaster is essential. Compact, easy to use and offering you fast toasting times, check out our best long slot toaster review.
Not all models on the market are equal, so we’ve selected the top ten currently available to help you find the perfect Long Slot Toaster.
A toaster is one of the home appliances that would be difficult to live without on a daily basis. It’s therefore essential to choose a perfect model.
To pick the best long slot toaster for you, consider the following criteria…
Number Of Slots And Width
A best long slot toaster can offer one, two or four slots. If you are alone or have enough time in the morning, a two-slice toaster is just right. However, if you’re usually in a hurry or have a big family, choose a four-slot model.
To choose the width of the device, you must base your preferences on whether you would like to use your toaster with other pastry, or wider bread slices. The answer to this question will help you make a choice.
Better referred to as browning, the best long slot toaster for you must have an adjustable thermostat. Variety, as commonly said, is the spice of life. Thus this gives you a chance to vary your toast as desired.
Also, consider that your family members or guests will prefer a loaf that is less/more brown than others. This feature will allow you to adjust the appliance thermostat to the desired browning level.
A device that has a reheat function is also useful so that you can warm your already grilled slices of bread without burning them further.
Some toaster models offer a defrost feature. A device with this feature can defrost and reheat your bread concurrently. This saves you wasting time during preheating.
Before choosing the best long slot toaster, it is essential to learn about the ease of cleaning it. A model with a removable crumb tray will save you time. You will be able to remove the crumbs that fall to the bottom of your toaster in just seconds.
It is always essential to consider the materials used before buying a toaster. Make sure you opt for one made with quality materials. Stainless steel is an excellent choice for its strength and longevity.
High-quality plastic grids are also good value for money. But make sure that the plastic used can adapt to high heat levels and is chemical free.
To avoid the risk of getting burned when using your toaster, opt for a model with thermally insulated walls. This means that the outside will stay cool during the whole process. This is important especially if you have children who might want to use the toaster.
REDMOND 4 Slice Toaster Retro Stainless Steel Toasters with Bagel Defrost Cancel Function, 6 Browning Settings, Cream, ST033View on Amazon
Mueller UltraToast, Toaster 4 Slice, Long Wide Slots with Built-In Warming Rack, Removable Tray, Cancel/Defrost/Reheat Functions, Stainless Steel, 6 Browning Levels with LCD Countdown TimerView on Amazon
Gevi Toaster 4 Slice,Led Display Touchscreen Bagel Toaster with Dual Control Panels of Bagel/Reheat/Defrost/Cancel/Toasting One Slice/Longer Function,6 Shade SettingView on Amazon
Toaster 4 Slice, CUSINAID 4 Wide Slots Stainless Steel Toasters with Reheat Defrost Cancel Function, 7-Shade Setting, BlueView on Amazon
Long Slot Toaster, Toaster 2 Slice Best Rated Prime with Warming Rack, 1.7'' Extra Wide Slots Stainless Steel Toasters, 6 Browning Settings, Defrost/Reheat/Cancel, Removable Crumb Tray, 1000WView on Amazon
Elite Gourmet ECT-3100 Long Slot Toaster, Reheat, 6 Toast Settings, Defrost, Cancel Functions, Slide Out Crumb Tray, Extra Wide Slots for Bagels Waffles, 4 Slice, Stainless Steel & BlackView on Amazon
Mecity 4 Slice Toaster, Long Slot Toaster With Countdown Timer, Bagel / Defrost / Reheat / Cancel Functions,Warming Rack, removable Crumb Tray, 6 Browning Settings, Extra Wide Long Slots, Stainless Steel Bread Toaster, 1300 WattsView on Amazon
DASH Clear View Toaster: Extra Wide Slot Toaster with See Through Window - Defrost, Reheat + Auto Shut Off Feature for Bagels, Specialty Breads & other Baked Goods - BlackView on Amazon
Long Slot Toaster, 2 Slice Toaster Best Rated Prime with Warming Rack, 1.7'' Extra Wide Slots Stainless Steel Toasters, 6 Bread Shade Settings, Defrost/Reheat/Cancel, Removable Crumb Tray, 1000WView on Amazon
Last update on 2022-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
How To Clean The Inside Of A Long Slot Toaster?
To preserve your toaster and ensure its durability, you must maintain it regularly. Removing the crumbs is a basic and essential process. However, you must do a thorough cleaning from time to time.
Here are the steps to follow to do it:
- To begin, unplug the appliance and place it on a flat surface with a cloth underneath it. Disassemble the crumb tray and shake it slightly to get rid of crumbs that may have accumulated inside.
- Wash the crumb tray with a sponge and detergent. You can also put it in the dishwasher if it is compatible.
- As for the interior, take a soft-bristled toothbrush and clean the slots with it. Be sure to slide the crumbs down for an effective result. If the interior is very dirty, feel free to add some white vinegar to the bristles of the toothbrush while being careful not to touch the electronic part.
- Wipe the outside of the toaster with a damp cloth.
Can I Insert A Knife In My Best Long Slot Toaster?
Never insert a knife into your toaster – you may be at risk of an electric shock. It is better to use an object that does not conduct electricity like wood. And then, only if necessary.
What Precautions Should You Take When Using A Long Slot Toaster?
Here are some precautions to take when using a toaster:
- First of all, to avoid getting burned, buy a toaster with cold walls and extra high lift function to easily remove the bread.
- Place the toaster in the center of your worktop and not on the edge or the dining table to avoid dropping it.
- Avoid placing newspapers or paper near the machine.
- If your bread is stuck inside the toaster, avoid using an iron knife or fork to pick it up.
- Never put buttered bread in your toaster to prevent the butter from melting and damaging the appliance and even causing a fire
- Don’t handle the toaster if your hands are wet, or soak in water while cleaning.
- Never place the appliance on the refrigerator even if you are out of space because its temperature may affect that of your refrigerator.
- If you have young children, place your long slot toaster away from their reach. That way, they do not feel tempted to poke their hand inside it while you are not watching.
For a fast and filling toast, you need a long slot toaster. There is no alternative device that can function as one. Hence, it is a great idea to have any of these best long slot toasters in your kitchen.
That ding announcing your breakfast/lunch/dinner is ready, is one we are sure you and your friends/family will love to hear every day.
Coming also in a two-slice variant, as well as different color combinations, there is one that is sure to catch your eye. With it’s easy to clean features and nine browning settings, you get it easy with this toaster.
The bests part though, are the extra long bread slots, the dual controls in the 4 slice model and the auto shut off feature.
Durable and reliable, it guarantees you even browning, for longer!